MusicEL is a new way to learn music online
We’re not just another “learn your instrument online” website. We’re a music school online.
MusicEL (MusicELearning) is an exciting new way to learn instruments, singing, songwriting and music production – and become part of a community of musicians. Combining:
- online courses and resources
- forums and livestreams
- online bands and ensembles
- challenges and competitions
You’ll have all you need to explore music-making in a fun and engaging way.
Live lessons – coming soon
You can add live online teaching – in group seminars, or one-to-one lessons. We have over 100 experienced teachers in almost any instrument or genre. Whether you’re just starting out, learning for fun, or looking to make music your career, we’ll support your journey.
Choose your pathway to get what you need:
- Courses that support your lessons in school with Cornwall Music Service Trust
- Challenges and competitions
- A safe space for learning and interacting
- If you’re 13 or over, you’ll also be able to access our forums
- Learn at your own pace, and opportunities to try something new!
- Forums to build a supportive community and encourage peer learning
- Live lessons with teachers who are also gigging musicians
- Wellbeing pack for schools – created by music therapists
- First access – whole class music with blended learning
- Primary curriculum and topic resources
- Early Years resources and training
The benefits of eLearning
Some quotes from our students and their parents.
My son has appreciated the routine of his remote music lessons and we have both been grateful for it providing a structure within our week.
Now he has understood the challenge of what it is to be fully independent of his teacher, his playing has come along in leaps and bounds and he understands the importance of practising between lessons too. He is achieving musicality – just in a different way – and it is very rewarding to see.
Sarah MalcolmSt. Austell
As a pupil receiving online violin lessons, I want to say how amazing these lessons are and how it has kept me on track to achieve my grade 2. I really look forward to my lessons and seeing Karen on the screen. I feel like I have made lots of progress and I am inspired to continue my practice alongside my lessons. It has kept my love for playing the violin alive!
Edie, Year 5Charlestown School
As a parent, I have seen the positive influence that receiving virtual lessons has had on my daughter’s learning, enthusiasm and creativity. It has been inspiring to witness. The lessons have been a huge highlight in our week.
I can highly recommend any parent to access these vital lessons for their children if they are learning an instrument, to keep their enthusiasm and love for music alive in these extraordinary times.